COVID protocol for visitors
DATE ISSUED: 16th July 2020
- Please do not come to Crossness if you have a fever or otherwise feel ill.
- Tickets for Crossness should be brought in advance from our website.
- Open day tickets will have timed entry.
- Face coverings are to be worn by all visitors and Crossness staff/volunteers within buildings unless medically exempt.
- The Beam Engine House has a one-way pedestrian route to allow social distancing.
- Follow guidance on signage displayed around site.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitisation procedures will be employed throughout the site.
- Toilets will be regularly monitored, checked and cleaned.
- Screens have been installed in the Museum Lobby, Shop and Café for separation.
- The railway will run with reduced seating capacity on open days.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bins.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the toilet, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Use hand sanitiser that contains at least 70% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands. This Protocol will be reviewed regularly and updated in line with government and HSE advice
PRESERVING AN INDUSTRIAL CATHEDRAL